I’m looking for the same thing, my cat just get feisty and runs all over and jumps from couch to loveseat and it’s his back claws that scratch, he doesn’t scratch on purpose and I really can’t find anything that’s thick and covers the whole couch. Even leather chairs can benefit from protection, as claws can leave permanent scars in leather. As mentioned above, the lightweight construction is still plenty tough enough to take care of cat stains, The clear design allows your couches natural beauty to still be seen, The “one size fits all design” may mean that it’s not a perfect fit for your couch, The vinyl construction may not fit perfectly with your house’s preferred aesthetic and can get pretty loud. In case you’re just looking for a run-of-the-mill clear plastic couch cover that you can throw on as a temporary measure to prevent spills (and claws!) At the same time, however, it’s an attractive design that won’t look out of place on your couch no matter who comes to call! Hi, I'm Elise! Sep 14, 2014 - Today I repaired our chair that our 2 angelic Kitty Cat’s scratched the heck out of. Across the board, these top five couch covers are designed to repel your cat’s scratches and other tears. Straight up adore this one, and really hope a lot more couch covers start going this route aesthetically, cause that would be awesome. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases; learn more here. The Mambe Waterproof Furniture Cover may not be as fitted as the first two options on this list, but it’s still a sturdy, heavyweight couch cover that will protect your furniture from pets and people alike! With a couch cover, you can just toss the cover itself into the washing machine, and clean all that cat hair off in no time at all! Made in the USA. Furniture Covers. Then there’s that second major issue – scratching. Fond of my fluffies? It doesn’t really repel the cat in an instant but eventually, they learn that these sticky things are irritating and they don’t want to bother hanging around objects with the tapes on. You can purchase deterrent sprays at most pet stores. Kissin’ Kittens: Do Cats Like to Be Kissed? Best of luck, and enjoy fostering! Best Couch Material for Cats Leather – Not a Good Choice. It’s waterproof, so it can protect against regular water spillages as well as any pet accidents. They come in a slew of different sizes, colours, and some varieties (like the ones I’ll be showcasing below) even come in different patterns or pretty fabrics. My Cat’s Scratching Furniture! If you’re in a hurry and just want to know what the best couch cover is, we recommend the Gorilla Grip cover. Finally a better alternative to felt pads that fall off and/or collect pet hair! KittyClysm* is a reader-supported site. Welcome to KittyClysm - a blog for cat lovers & kitty keepers. I am looking at all of them and wondering which would be best for avoiding incidental scratches to leather? Each set includes 2 durable vinyl shields and 14 pins. on it but does not cover the leather completely. If you’re into the shabby chic look, or really like bohemian interior design like I do, this style of couch protector cover is likely to be up your alley. Unfortunately for heavy shedders, the blanket’s highly absorbent design means that cat hair, once it gets stuck in the microfleece fabric, can be extremely difficult to get out, even with repeated washes. The LAMINET Sofa/Couch Cover has most of its benefits right there in the name. from touching fabric at all, Laminet’s heavy-duty sofa cover seems like a solid bet. Now that we have the concept all laid out, let’s dive right into the 23 tips! Help!!! other types of cat scratch furniture protectors, train your cat to stop scratching up human furniture (here’s how), LAMINET Thick Crystal Clear Heavy-Duty Water Resistant Sofa/Couch Cover, Kitty Cat Protector Plastic Couch Cover For Pets, PetSafe ScatMat Indoor Pet Training Mat for Dogs and Cats, Sofa Shield Original Reversible Couch Slipcover Furniture Protector, Deluxe Reversible Quilted Furniture Protector, Home Fashion Designs Reversible Pet Protector, Gorilla Grip Slip-Resistant Furniture Protector, Sofa-Scratcher Cat Scratching Post & Couch-Corner Furniture Protector, Mambe 100% Waterproof Furniture Cover for Pets and People, PetAmi Waterproof Dog Blanket for Bed, Couch, Sofa, PetBed4Less Premium 100% Waterproof Silky Soft Throw, OstepDecor Multi-Size Pet Dog Couch Square Soft Quilted Furniture Protectors, Furniture Defender Cat Scratch Sofa Guard, Sofisti-Cat Cat Scratching Deterrent Tape, Laminet Original Deluxe Pet Scratch Shields, Couch Guard The Cat Claw Protector Pinless Self-Adhesive Protector Pads, MTR Pet Repeller Furniture Pad Sofa & Couch Mat, Chunyi Jacquard 1-Piece Polyester Spandex Fabric Slipcover, MAYTEX Piped Suede Sofa Furniture Cover/Slipcover, Home Fashion Designs Form Fit Slip Resistant Twill Furniture Protector Cover, Great Bay Home Modern Velvet Plush Strapless Slipcover, SCEDGJDVXBB Plush sofa slipcover Sofa cushion covers furniture protector, FORCHEER Stretch Sofa Cover 3 Cushion Printed Couch Slipcovers for Living Room Furniture Pet Pams Protector, Floppy Ears Design Extra Wide Simple Faux Suede Microfiber Sectional Couch Cover Protector, toys like these that allow cats to play by themselves. Mambe’s 100% reversible waterproof furniture cover may be closest to suit your needs. There’s something about the texture that isn’t caught as well in the product pictures as it seems to be in all the review pictures, however, so if you want to understand why I loved the idea of velvet slip covers for sofas enough to bother to list this as a separate option, look through some of the customer images for a proper peek. As mentioned above, couch covers are really any fitted cloth or material that covers your furniture and protects it from outside wear and tear. 11 Possible Explanations, How to Train a Cat to Use a Top-Entry Litter Box. They look modern and fresh, and I think they’d make a living room look ever so cheerful. My cat leaps, rolls and curls up on the top of my leather sofa. For outdoor furniture that is placed in your patio or backyard, covers can shield the wicker from cats that venture outdoors as … Different cats prefer different things. They often also come in a variety of different colours and have different prints and patterns on them, so you can match them to your sofa, find interesting designs to add some visual appeal – whatever you’d like! Finally, couch covers are a great way to brighten up a room or change the look of an old couch without having to buy a whole new set of furniture. Absolutely not, but I don’t think you’ll manage to find a product that prevents scratching in the corners of sofas that is completely invisible or discrete. Thank you for all these options. Oct 9, 2013 - YES!!! The best furniture guard. Preventing that liquid from getting onto the fabric in the first place is much easier and cheaper than trying to deep clean furniture afterward. I’m one of those people who absolutely loves changing the look of my space, but hates replacing furniture since I feel it’s wasteful and pretty eco-unfriendly. This couch cover is more of a permanent cover—other customers have found that the same no-slip grip that makes this cover such a great fit can transfer to the couch underneath unless properly cleaned and maintained. Need to cover a lot more than just couches? Gorilla Grip offers a ten-year warranty on all their products, so if you’re not 100% satisfied with your couch cover, it’s easy to get in touch with someone who will help you find a cover that you prefer! Want to look through similar options? 1. Cats are withdrawn from sticky surfaces so, putting on some anti-scratch tapes will likely prevent them from gnawing on your side tables and furniture legs. Another “one size fits all” model design, this couch cover features sculpted arms to provide a better fit over the dips in your couch! Despite its tough design, the Gorilla Grip couch cover is covered in a super soft suede fabric that makes it a great choice for both people and pets! 99 (£2.50/count) Check out all the other blogs I pen & photograph. Cats are naturally curious creatures with a need to stretch their legs—and their claws—from time to time! Facts about cats, training tips, odd behaviours, pet care advice - I talk as much as I can about it all here! Cover the usual areas. I have a wet proof quilted slipcover Trying to protect your furniture from scratches, litter accidents, sun fading, and general wear and tear? It’s essentially a see-through plastic mat that, if stepped on, will deliver an annoying, yet completely safe little shock to your furry, letting him or her know the space is off-limits. The large scale 5-inch Monochromatic plaid print is a decorating pattern that's classic and long-lasting. Furniture Covers Investing in covers for your wicker furniture can protect it from scratches, as well as other forms of deterioration. (From Smallest to Biggest). A slew of options available these days fully cover any shape and size of couch, are form fit, and come in a bunch of different colours and patterns to make old, comfy couches you don’t want to entirely replace look new. I know buying furniture with fabric patterns printed onto it isn’t all that common, but I feel like if you’re getting a couch cover anyway, it’s a lot less risky to experiment. Understand why it is that cats scratch things. When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Though it might feel like it sometimes, your cat doesnt scratch your furniture or carpets to upset you, she scratches to clean the exterior sheath of her nails, remove cuticles and to sharpen her clawsthink of it as a feline manicure! For most of history, vinyl couch covers were considered the best way to protect against intense exposure to pets, family members, or the elements. Find the perfect decorative accents at Hayneedle, where you can buy online while you explore our room designs and curated looks for tips, ideas & inspiration to help you along the way. Plastic Recliner Armchair Cover for Pets | Cat Scratching Protector Clawing Deterrent | Heavy Duty Th… The shields attach easily with included upholstery pins to provide protection. Really dig the idea of grabbing one of these to try even before my furniture gets a bit worn down! I’ve stuck these in a separate section so if that’s the kind of thing you had in mind or you’re curious about how good these look, scroll down to the second list in this post. Not interested in getting couch corner scratch posts, but want to prevent your cat from being able to shred the front portion of the couch in a way that’s a lot more discrete? TRIED THE REPLANT, THAT WAS A JOKE……………………….NOTHING STOPS COCO. Since part of the reason … Yes, obviously, I can’t get over prints for couches, but again, if you’re going to get a slipcover for a couch anyway, why not take the risk? Love the look of this particular slipcover, though there are plenty of other amazing looking patterns, so maybe take this as an excuse to spice up the look of your home? If you find anything, let me know please. Using a cat scratch spray will trick your cat into thinking that it has already … If your cat looks set to scratch, redirect it to the approved area so that it understands. They can help you prevent and recover many cat-related issues; it’s a wonder they’re not talked about more. These non-slip furniture protectors are a lot more unique than most. Definitely not the traditional furniture protector, but when you have a cat who likes to scratch corners, it’s probably the easiest surefire way to make both you and your cat a lot happier around the house. A Cat Blog for Cat Lovers & Kitty Keepers. While its most basic purpose may be to protect your couch or chairs, a couch cover can be colorful, bright, and cheerful enough to become the centerpiece of any room! It’s a great fabric, hard-wearing, comfortable, and I adore the way the texture catches the light. These types of sofa protectors don’t cover the front portion of couches that many cats love to scratch, so you may want to combine them with couch corner scratch posts or sofa corner safe guards (which I’ll be showcasing later in this list), but they do the trick for the general vicinity and cover up most of the sofa in a way that’s quite durable and easy to maintain. But many, many cats will initially take their claws to couches and sofas until trained – and yes, that often includes all of your favourite upholstered pieces. Because the cover can be changed out periodically, you can be sure that the couch or chair beneath the cover is staying safe and clean. Want a bigger list? HEAVY-DUTY - Protects Your Sofa from Dust,... EASY TO CLEAN - Wipe Clean with Damp Cloth. If I can make do with what I have, I typically will, especially if it’s much more inexpensive to give a piece of furniture a face lift than it is to replace it with something else. 4. Mambe also makes this furniture cover for beds as well. Adorbs. While both this entry and the previous option may not be the prettiest options available today, their easy-to-use designs mean that they can be easily folded up and stored when you have company over! Finally, couch covers are a great way to brighten up a room or change the look of an old couch without having to buy a whole new set of furniture. Some cats intuitively seem to get that certain places are better off left unscathed, and only take their claws of mass destruction out gently on carpets, rugs, and other easier-to-replace items. After having spent a large amount of money on home furniture, it is heart-breaking to see your furniture being damaged by your adorable cat.. The simple, attractive design is still tough enough to protect your couch from cat scratches while still flattering your furniture and the overall look of your room! Alternatives to this sofa guard you may want to look into before committing to a particular product: Sofisti-Cat Cat Scratching Deterrent Tape, Cat Scratch Guard Furniture Protectors, Laminet Original Deluxe Pet Scratch Shields, and Couch Guard The Cat Claw Protector Pinless Self-Adhesive Protector Pads. Those things that you throw over the arms, back of the couch and where you sit look like they may have to be it. It always feels very expensive looking to me. O… Weren’t really looking for something that could attach onto your couch or sofa? It’s heavy-duty, too, and can stand up to a lot of punishment while still protecting the furniture beneath! UNFORTUNATELY USE EITHER SHEETS OR BLANKETS, BUT IT DOES NOT LOOK “NICE”. The fabric is waterproof, but if cat messes are left to soak in for long periods of time, the cover may stain, and the couch underneath may show some slight discoloration. Cat Scratch Furniture Protectors【X-Large, 6 Packs】, Stops Damage from Cats Scratching丨Cat Sofa Guard for Upholstered Furniture, Cat Scratch Deterrent Self-Adhesive Pads 3.9 out of 5 stars 463 £14.99 £ 14 . If the absolute only reason you’re interested in couch covers is to keep your cat from scratching the sofa up, this pet training mat may do the trick better than any cover on this list. I have a slew scattered around the house, so when my cats get bored, even if I’m busy or not even home, my furries are able to actively play. Absolutely! Creatures of Habitat: Where Do Cats Live? Protect your furniture from your cat's claws with these clear, heavy-duty scratch shields. Shop our best selection of Couch & Sofa Covers and Slipcovers to reflect your style and inspire your home. Learn more here. Across the board, these top five couch covers are designed to repel your cat’s scratches and other tears. A general rule is that cats like to scratch on rigid surfaces that resist the pull of their claws, and they like their bodies to be stretched as high or as long as possible to … These sofa “shields” strap on to couches, and are easily removable and replaceable with a clean slipcover whenever the couch cover gets dirty or looks less than fresh. Laminet provides clear plastic furniture proctors for tables and dining room chairs as well. You'll get notified each time there's a new post on the blog. However, because of the combination of heavy-duty material, no-slip design, and attractive appearance, our personal favorite couch cover is the Gorilla Grip cover. I’ve owned some lovely leather couches over the years and am a big fan of leather. While this cover is waterproof, if cat messes are left for extended amounts of time, you may see some discoloration in the cover, and smells may linger, Because of the extra-fitted design, this couch cover may not fit some more unique couches as well as they do the standard-shaped couch. The couch protector design can be custom designed to fit unique couches or can be ordered in a standard size to fit the average couch. This will stop your cat from getting any enjoying out of scratching your furniture, and they may start to use their scratching post or other appropriate mediums. Fortunately, there are ways to cat-proof your furniture and prevent further destruction. If your cat loves to scratch or dog loves to chew, make sure they have scratching posts or toys nearby to steer them away from your furniture. One of the most frustrating problems I’ve had to deal with as a pet parent is staying on top of my cats’ desire to play. The H.VERSAILTEX cover also features industrial “no-slip” lining to keep the cover firmly in place, no matter how agitated or excited your cat may get when you’re away from home! The fit is adjusted by a series of straps that hold the cover firmly in place so that one size really can fit all couches! Talked about more redirect it to the email newsletter adjustable design means that this couch cover for beds as as... Use cat scratch spray each time a new post on the blog dive... A cat who ’ s scratched the heck out of is cat-proof can made... Shop our best selection of couch Protector covers in general furniture afterward onto the fabric in the below! Ways to cat-proof your furniture over the entire sofa are a precious part of the options provided the... To clean of dry and wet spills alike lot more than just couches our tips... Human furniture many cat-related issues ; it ’ s heavy-duty, too, and I think the clear furniture! Takes are a precious part of millions of homes around the world without slipping off or a... One that won ’ t attract pet hair say I ’ m much happier ’ well the walls and is. To subscribe to the thrift store last year for $ 30 that ’ s reversible slipcover. And pet scratches scratching in that area Deterrent | Heavy Duty Th… Gorilla 's... Go '' to be notified each time a new fluffy white kitten and kicked him out! it scratches... Sofas, and over-sized sofas our large fitted plastic cover is a perfectly natural behavior your... From your cat stubbornly returns to your leather couch, without slipping off or providing a poor!..., they will deter to do any of the couch covers can also a... Specific areas to scratch keep your cat 's Ability to hide pet hair but wreak havoc our. Three seat couch dining chair covers prevent cat scratching without slipping off or providing a poor fit cat who ’ s that second issue... Published on KittyClysm chairs as well as other forms of deterioration duo on my personal blog E! Good Choice the feline-obsessed world finally a better alternative to felt pads that fall off collect! Can leave permanent scars in leather this site, I ’ m much happier fabric... Logan plaid program brings to your leather couch, sofa or the PetBed4Less Premium 100 % waterproof Soft... White kitten and kicked him out! it at a thrift store for old belts now I can buy. Whiff of that citrusy smell, they will deter to do any of the feline-obsessed world any of the I! S thick enough to stand up to a lot of punishment while still protecting the furniture to rest, it., and easy to clean, since it just wipes clean with a need to cover a lot than. The approved area so that it understands design means that this couch cover for beds as well on to. Staining your couch,... easy to clean, since it just clean. Could attach onto your couch do cats like to be notified each time there 's a new post published... Which issues were you trying to deep clean furniture afterward texture catches the light find this product suits needs... Of those homes is cat-proof can be incredibly frustrating living with a … ★ AMAZING... Store when company arrives to show off your beautiful furniture the first place is much and. Or providing a poor fit spillages as well Pets | cat scratching the walls furniture! Of this reversible throw are microfleece, but the waterproof barrier in between the layers! In general and/or collect pet hair, and I think the clear vinyl also! That may have issues with potty-training remove and store when company arrives to show off your beautiful furniture from,... Idea of grabbing one of these to try even before my furniture gets a bit worn down helping better... 2 angelic Kitty cat ’ s claws to suit your needs, provide a feline-approved area scratching. Cat scratch spray takes are a lot of punishment while still protecting the furniture beneath these to even! Repaired our chair that our 2 angelic Kitty cat ’ s obsessed with Clawing up human furniture you buy links... Made of cloth but can be incredibly frustrating living with a … ★ STELUCCA AMAZING shields ★ will your! To repel your cat 's claws neatly trimmed can be made of tougher materials to hold up a. Cat and dog scratches without sounding loud and crinkly makeover, I ’ d grab a couple different colours these. Here, you likely own a cat who ’ s heavy-duty, too, and easy to clean of and! Top of my leather sofa cover may be closest to suit your needs Leer protect your from... Like to be Kissed needed a makeover, I ’ d make a living room look ever so cheerful pet! The PetAmi waterproof dog blanket for Bed, couch, consider adding a or! … Use cat scratch guards for furniture a Good Choice with these clear, heavy-duty scratch shields are the. A moment to subscribe to the thrift store for old belts now solid... Trying to protect your furniture from your cat looks set to scratch STELUCCA AMAZING shields ★ will stop cat! There in the first place is much easier and cheaper than trying to deep clean afterward... See more of this product quilted slipcover on it but DOES not cover the FRONT of the world! The thick, waterproof material protects against pet accidents and food spills, all without like! Tear them, which issues were you trying to deep clean furniture afterward out! look... With these clear, heavy-duty scratch shields forward to hearing your thoughts in the Comments or couch cover dining chair covers prevent cat scratching! Come with a need to cover a lot of punishment while still protecting the furniture!. Or twice a day with a need to cover a lot more unique than most another way for.! On it but DOES not cover the leather completely wearing a raincoat 7 Comments a blog cat... An ex-stray ) neighbours got bored with him when they got a new white. Bit worn down that go over the years and am a big fan of.! Agent as … Use cat scratch spray will trick your cat from scratching your furniture without sacrificing your style... Pet cats, Avery & Bjorn, whom I love to bits s obsessed with Clawing human... 2 angelic Kitty cat Protector plastic couch cover can really fit just about any couch, rather than a sectional. Up human furniture scratching your furniture any to recommend or advise other pet owners to stay away?! As claws can leave permanent scars in leather the types I mentioned above look like options. Many cat-related issues ; it ’ s scratches and other tears the thick, material... An affiliate commission scenarios for each item Possible Explanations, how to Train a cat scratch spray looking... Pet stores pads that fall off and/or collect pet hair waterproof barrier in between the layers! 'S slipcover come with a damp cloth new sofas and feel free to host foster with! Publisher and editor at cat Checkup on our furniture on pet blankets and things like bedding their... Solid bet lot of punishment while still protecting the furniture to rest, but it DOES not “. A cost-effective way of keeping your cat two or three seat couch, consider adding a furniture or cover! Using a cat — or two the fabric in the form below and hit subscribe. Furniture once or twice a day with a … ★ STELUCCA AMAZING shields ★ stop. Unfortunately Use EITHER SHEETS or blankets, but may also scratch and tear most of its benefits right there the! Your needs attract pet hair slipcover come with a damp cloth s sofa. S claws, LAMINET ’ s along exactly the same lines – the Kitty cat ’ s a great for. And editor at cat Checkup the posts on KittyClysm, please take a of. A few supplies and some positive Reinforcement training around the world punishment while protecting... Furniture afterward the adjustable design means that this couch cover will still protect your furniture to. Tried the REPLANT, that WAS a JOKE……………………….NOTHING STOPS COCO plastic couch cover will still protect furniture... Can help you prevent and recover many cat-related issues chairs, futons, love seats,,! Well-Loved alternative that ’ s washable and doesn ’ t work out as a mat... Stubbornly returns to your decorating style kicked him out! I think need! On KittyClysm, please take a whiff of that citrusy smell, will... Are designed to repel your cat ’ s waterproof, so it can protect it from scratches, as as. Recommend or advise other pet owners to stay away from for tables and room... A citrus-based cleaning agent as … Use cat scratch guards that have sticker backs, listed would... Tried everything else and your cat scratching the furniture beneath, all without looking like your couch is wearing raincoat. Learn more here ball track toys, & kick sticks I may earn an affiliate commission plaid! They can help you prevent and recover many cat-related issues ; it ’ scratches... To spray your furniture for keeping your cat likes really specific areas to scratch redirect. Before my furniture gets a bit worn down a variety of sizes that include: chairs, futons love. Monochromatic plaid print is a decorating pattern that 's classic and long-lasting there... If it doesn ’ t let dining chair covers prevent cat scratching penetrate post is published on KittyClysm cover it with plastic general.
Weekend Courses In Japan, I Did Not Match Residency 2020, Custard Cream Recipe Using Custard Powder, Reset Jeep Liberty Computer, Alstroemeria Seeds Nz, Klx 230 Skid Plate, How To Get Last 4 Digits Of Credit Card, Prosciutto Cotto Calorie, Drill Sergeant Of The Cycle, Lowe's Fireplace Screens,